Monday, January 18, 2010

Moving 



I've been considering starting over with this blog thing for a while, so I thought I'd put up a post warning the few people who follow this blog. My reason for the move is that I feel much of what I have said on this blog is, well, foolish given what I've learned. At the same time, my current beliefs are not that far off what I have said, making it hard to correct what I've said without long explanations. In addition to this, there is a great deal that I have not written, which I should have; and what I have written, I have not organized in any fashion.

So, I feel that it is best to start from the top and explain my beliefs, goals, intuitions, and so on.




I'll be starting on another Google blog, The Logic of Thought. I realise, the name may sound a bit pretentious-- I do not claim to have the answer. Still, that seems like a fair label for the question I am asking.


Edit-- I changed the name to "In Seach of a Logic of Thought."
Edit again-- Now it's "In Search of Logic." Ok, last name change I promise. :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't be ashamed of the foolish things you have said in the past -- be proud that you have come to understand their foolishness. Humans are constantly growing; if you are one of them, and you keep to this practice of starting over whenever you realize you are incorrect, starting over will become a regular practice for you.

    A mentor en passant of mine, Antranig Basman, told me:

    "I have decided in the meantime to read through all of your blog, since it is a rich source not only of 1st-order info, but also highly valuable in showing how expression and the form of ideas evolves... related to our point about 'you can't really think the way you did last year'"

    That is, unless you have some methodology for organizing the exposition of your beliefs. But as your beliefs change, what evidence do you have that the methodology will still be sensical?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.

    Well, You make a good point. Another reason I'm moving, though, is a minor technical annoyance: the blog as-is lacks a "title" field for posts, but I found that when I start new Blogger blogs they have one.

    ReplyDelete